Divorce Process in AZ
- File Initial Petition for Dissolution of Marriage and relevant documents.
- Serve the other party (Party has twenty or thirty days to file an answer depending on whether they were served in state or out of state).
- File Motion for Temporary Orders if needed.
- Court sets a Resolution Management Conference.
- Mediation through Court’s ADR.
- Evidentiary hearing.
- Final Trial.
Not all cases follow the steps above – The steps vary from case to case depending on the complexity of the case.
Parent Information Program Class for Divorces with Minor Children – Court approved PIP providers
- Joint Legal Decision Making
- Sole Legal Custody
The court in Arizona uses “the best interest of the child(ren)” test in deciding parenting time schedule & matters.
- Party’s agreement or determined by the court.
- Paid until 18 or child graduates high school or reaches the age of nineteen, whichever occurs first.
- Calculation based on parties’ current financial position.
Use the Arizona Child support worksheet to calculate your child support – AZ Child Support Calculator
Two part test used by Arizona court ARS 25-319
- Factors the court must consider to determine if a spouse is entitled to spousal support
- Factors the court must consider in determining the amount and duration of the spousal support